- The personal information we may collect from you when you visit our Website, respond to our emails, place orders via mail or fax, use our mobile applications, place orders through social media applications (such as our Facebook App), use our e-Gifting Service or otherwise contact us via telephone, text (SMS, MMS), email, fax or mail (collectively, our "Service"),
- why we gather information from you,
- how we collect it,
- how we use it (including with whom we may share it), and
- the choices you have regarding our use of, and your access to and correction of, personal information you have provided.
The Service is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children under 13 years of age.
WHY DO WE GATHER INFORMATION?
The Company and the Service gathers personal information mainly to communicate with you and to process your orders, but also to help improve our products and customer service, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience and to inform you, and your gift and message recipients, of special offers and discounts from the Parré Chocolat
For individuals in the European Union (“EU”), our processing (i.e. use) of your personal data is justified on the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation;
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using applicable data to conduct and develop our business activities; or
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER?
Depending on how you interact with us, we collect some or all of the following types of information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address, user ID and contact information,
- billing information (credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, alternate or additional billing information and billing address),
- products purchased and occasion type (for example, Mother's Day),
- any promotion or gift card code and related information (for example, if you are claiming frequent flyer miles),
- Message and gift recipients' names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses,
- network information – network information, including IP address, network carrier and country code, browsing information, such as how you interact with the Services; and
- other information you provide to us, including User Submissions
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
A. In general.
We collect information through our Website, emails, telephone, applications and social media applications (such as our Facebook App) including when you:
- visit our Website and use our Service,
- place an order,
- engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to our customers, members or users.
The information may be provided directly to us by you when placing an order or participating in a or, as is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, device information, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends and administer the Website. This information may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or is otherwise cancelled.
B. How we use "Cookies" and "Action Tags."
We have relationships with third parties who may collect or receive information directly from the cookies placed by our Service on your computer to assist in analyzing our business and customers. Our Service may also use a common web technology called "action tags" (also called single pixel gifs or web beacons) to track purchase, usage and other web activity information. Action tags may be used to provide data to third parties for tracking purposes. In addition, third parties may set their own cookies and tags through our Service (such as through interest-based advertising, described below). We do not control such third parties or their privacy practices. If you do not want third parties to be able to use such methods, you should modify your browser settings to limit such access.
C. Interest-based advertising.
- 1. Our Services: We collect data from you for use in interest-based advertising when you use our Service. Other companies may serve interest-based advertisements on our Service. We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance
- 2. Other Services: Advertisements for our products and services may appear on third party websites around the Internet. Some websites and services deliver these advertisements based upon data that has been previously collected about your past behavior online. For example, if you have viewed websites about gift sets, these websites or services may display to you an advertisement for our gift sets. This kind of targeted advertising is sometimes called interest-based or online behavioral advertising. It is generally not based upon your personal information (such as your name or email address), but rather, upon your online activities. We do not control such third party websites or services on which these advertisements appear. Further, we do not control how they collect and use data about your online activities. Consent. You may opt-out of being tracked online by certain companies who are listed
- at www.aboutads.info/choices/ OR www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and may also learn more about online behavioral advertising at such websites. If you opt-out, you will still receive generic advertisements, but they will not be delivered to you by such companies from whom you have opted out based upon your behavioral data possessed by the companies from whom you have opted-out. This process relies upon an opt-out cookie, for each browser and each device, so if you delete your cookies or use a different computer, you will have to repeat this process. We do not respond to or honor "do not track" (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
D. Mobile Analytics.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Company’s mobile application on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and the source from which the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
HOW WE USE/SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. e-Gifting Service.
- 1. Customer: If you choose to send a gift and notify the recipient using the electronic gift service available on our Website (the “e-Gifting Service”), you will be asked to provide personally identifiable information about yourself, your intended gift recipient and the method to communicate the transaction. This information will be shared with our e-Gifting Service technology provider, for the purpose of administering the e-Gifting Service.
- 2. Gift Recipient: If a customer has elected to send you a gift using the e-Gifting Service, your personally identifiable information, which is required to deliver the gift to you, will be shared with our e-Gifting Service technology provider, for the limited purpose of administering the e-Gifting Service. The personal information of gift recipients shall not be shared absent a legal basis or informed, affirmative consent by the gift recipient.
B. Sharing with Others.
We may also share your information with our subcontractors, agents, consultants, financial institutions, credit/debit card payment processors, business partners, vendors and service providers, but we generally only authorize them to use such information for our benefit, for instance, to process your order and to better communicate and provide appropriate offers to you and your gift recipient. In addition, we may make such information (except for credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and CVV codes, unless you consent otherwise), including aggregated information, available to selected third parties including, but not limited to, those who share or rent information for direct marketing purposes.
We may use your information to match it with other public and private data sources (such as the U.S. Postal Service and publicly available consumer data warehouses) or the records of our business partners solely to enhance our records and keep them current (such as by updating your profile with a new address, interests, and the like). We also may work with other third parties who also possess your information in order to engage in advertising and other promotional services, for example, to enhance one or both of our advertising or promotional endeavors.
C. Change of Business.
We may transfer your information in connection with the sale, lease, license, assignment (of part, or all, of our business), acquisition, merger, reorganization or change of control of the Company, our Affiliates, or the division responsible for the Service with which your information is associated, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
D. For Legal Purposes.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities, including to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request, and to protect the rights or property of the Company, its Affiliates, users, customers, recipients, Members, Sponsors, Providers, Licensors, Merchants and Associates
E. Social Media
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may retain your information in accordance with our data retention policies and for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, or until you request us to stop using it. We may, however, keep some of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your request not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased, even if it includes your personal data, until such time as you are no longer our customer. If you have questions about our data retention policies, or would like a copy of such, please contact us as noted below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURED
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com If you place an order on our Website, it encrypts the credit/debit card number you submit prior to transmission over the Internet using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. This technology works best when the website is viewed using Microsoft IE®, Google Chrome®, Mozilla Firefox®, and Apple Safari® browsers. However, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we make reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information once we receive it, we cannot warrant the security of information we receive.
Portions of the Service may require registration and log-in processes in which you will select a user ID and password (collectively, the "Password"). Passwords provided to you by us are the confidential property of the Company and may be used by you solely for your individual use of the Service (and otherwise as specified by us). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Password and for all activities that occur using your Password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Password or accounts.
HOW TO LIMIT THE USE OF OR MODIFY YOUR INFORMATION
We want to communicate with you only to the extent you want to hear from us. Any promotional email we send to you (or your gift recipient after consent) will include an “unsubscribe” link to use or a link to opt-out of receiving further promotional emails from the sender.
If you wish to set your preferences concerning promotional communications, or you prefer not to have your personal information shared with third parties.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits customers, who are residents of California, to request information about their personal information, if any, that Parré Chocolat discloses to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at: Parré Chocolat, 15-01 Pollitt Drive, Unit 1, Fair Lawn, NJ 07601
WHAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO GIVE YOU MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are not obligated to provide us your personal information. However, if the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract or an order between you and the Company and you do not give us your personal information, then we will not be able to enter into that contract or honor that order for goods or services.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
HOW TO CONTACT US